Most companies using Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft SharePoint continue to use them independently. The main reason for this is that they are simply unaware of the capability of integration between the two and the benefits integration can bring to their business.
Integrating Microsoft CRM with SharePoint allows you to view and share stored documents, it also helps to boost productivity and make team collaborations easier and faster.
Integration is easy to set up, and you will see the benefits right away, as it allows your team to manage customer data from within CRM by linking to corresponding account folders and files set up in SharePoint.
Users can open and edit stored documents on the Microsoft SharePoint server quickly and without switching applications, by simply clicking on a hyperlink stored in the appropriate client record field held within CRM.
One major benefit with this integration is that documents stored within CRM can be viewed through Microsoft SharePoint, which is a massive benefit for businesses which do not want to buy additional CRM licenses for non-CRM users but that will still need them to have access to customer information.
Some other benefits include:
- Quick access – An interface that lets you work between SharePoint and CRM through one system.
- Fewer licenses needed – SharePoint allows users to view data stored in CRM directly from SharePoint.
- Easy customer detail management – hyperlinks to documents in SharePoint can be recorded inside CRM customer account records.
- Data Security – Access to account documents is only granted by the permission of the administrators.
- Content management improved – Easily access all SharePoint customer docs from CRM.
- Team collaboration made easier – Retrieve and share documents with direct collaboration with SharePoint and CRM users.
- Documents management – SharePoint allows you to check, view version history and change document properties directly from within CRM.
- Linking – Documents such as a marketing campaign, opportunity or a case can be linked to other entities within CRM.
- One location – Users can work on documents using a variety of functions within one location.
Integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM with SharePoint brings improves workflow and quick access to data in one convenient area, thus saving time and increasing productivity within the workplace.
Overall, integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint enables users to find what they need and quickly move between data as if they were using only a single software application.