CRM 2011 Update Rollup 12 (AKA “Polaris”) for Dynamics CRM Online contains a new forms experience for the Lead, Opportunity and Case entities. The enhanced user experience is called the “Process” or “Flow” user interface. The new forms include control elements that help users step through predefined business processes. The forms are not enabled by default, however. Here’s how to do it.
Warning: Once enabled, you cannot turn this feature off! Use it with caution, in a development or testing environment first. The new forms are not compatible with form events like OnLoad, OnChange and OnSave. They will take some customization and getting used to!
If that didn’t scare you, here’s how to enable the forms:
- Log in to CRM as an administrator.
- Go to Settings > Administration > Product Updates > Enable the new Forms.
- Read through the disclaimer/warning about compatibility. If you’re ready, click Yes to confirm!
- Now, you have to re-order your forms so the new ones show up:
- Go to Solution > Account > Forms and click Form Order. Move “Account” to the top of the list.
- Go to Solution > Lead > Forms and click Form Order. Move “Lead” to the top of the list.
- Go to Solution > Opportunity > Forms and click Form Order. Move “Opportunity” to the top of the list.
- Publish your customizations, and check out the new forms!
If you weren’t able to get past step 2, you may not have Update Rollup 12 installed. If you have Update Rollup 12 installed and you still can’t enable the new forms, be aware this is currently only available in CRM Online–so if you’re an on-premises install, you’re out of luck and will have to wait for a future update to bring you this feature.