With sufficient organizational encouragement and provisioned resources, the creation of an internally-sponsored code library has several notable benefits over the use of third-party code libraries.
- They can be utilized to standardize the software development process similar to purchased solutions.
- They can enable the owning organization to develop unique technological advantages.
- They can allow experienced programmers to analyze and improve upon code segments used in existing projects.
- They can contribute to increased quality in present offerings by fully leveraging employee knowledge.
- They can also contribute to increasing the overall level of innovation within the organization with respect to new solutions and processes.