Most businesses and organizations use SharePoint to create websites for sharing, storing, and organizing important information and materials. SharePoint lets you access everything you need to complete a project from any device, making the software convenient for collaboration. Implementing and using SharePoint is easier than you think. To help you determine whether SharePoint can help your organization, here are a few things you probably didn’t know about the software:
- You don’t need any special programs in order to get started with SharePoint. All you need is a web browser and you can start using SharePoint in no time. With an easy set-up and installation process, SharePoint is worth the investment before you even start using it.
- SharePoint software is not only useful for managing and collaborating on intranets but on extranets as well. While SharePoint is extremely effective for intranet, you can also use it to create websites for your audience. Building your website in SharePoint makes collaboration simple and easier to manage.
- With SharePoint, you can also publish blogs and wikis. Having a blog on associated with your business is a great way to bring traffic to your website. With the right combinations of keywords and relevant blog topics, you can write quality content to post on your SharePoint blog and attract more visitors to your website. With a higher volume of site visitors, you’re more likely to drive conversions and generate sales.
- While you’re setting up your blog and your website, you can make it easier to share content by dragging and dropping documents from your desktop into SharePoint. The drag and drop feature allows you to organize your files quickly by moving them from one folder to another.
- Instead of forwarding a report or a proposal to your colleague for review, SharePoint allows you to review and discuss changes in real-time. You and your team can work on important documents at the same time, which shortens the editing and approval process significantly.
SharePoint has a variety of products and downloads that will make collaborating on your next project simple and more productive than ever. If you’re still not sure whether SharePoint is the right product for your organization, feel free to contact us. Our team of tech experts can help you navigate the pros and cons of SharePoint compared to other programs even customized versions.