You can analyze Microsoft Dynamics CRM data using Power View in Excel 2013. This feature provide ad-hoc advanced data analyst reports for your business.
Using the Export to Excel feature in Microsoft Dynamic CRM you can export CRM data quickly and easily to create a bar chart, matrix, data map, table and more.
The great thing about this feature is that you don’t need to be a developer to use it. The steps on how-to use are very clear and simple. It’s made with the end user in mind.
Here’s how to start:
- Open list of Accounts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Click “Export to Excel” on the ribbon bar
- Select Static Worksheet in the Export Data to Excel dialogue box
- Click Export
- Click Open in following dialogue box
- Files open in Excel
- Save as an Excel Workbook format
- Select Data values in Excel
- Select ‘Format as Tables’ on the Home tab in the Styles section
- Select a table style of your preference
- Table created and ready to use Power View
- Click Power View from the Insert tab
- Worksheet Power View1 is now added to the Excel workbook
To Create a Matrix
- Select desired fields in Power View Fields
- Go to the Design Tab and Click Table to select Matrix table
- Under ‘Drag fields between areas below’ modify and configure text boxes and fields
Power View in Microsoft Excel can supply you with detailed analytics of your Microsoft CRM data. If you would like to see a visual view of these steps click here. This link will show you step by step.