Microsoft has announced they will be releasing the next version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM this fall, and here’s a visual of the new interface!
New features that aim to better help sales and customer service areas of your business and get customers to engage sooner.
Upgrading to CRM 2013 will require your CRM system to be in CRM 2011. So for those of you who are running CRM 4.0 or earlier, unfortunately, you will have to follow the upgrade path to CRM 2011 before going to CRM 2013.
CRM Online Customers are scheduled to be upgraded between this October and early January 2014, at which point customers will receive an email notification of the planned upgrade date and have the opportunity to reschedule to a more convenient time slot (up to 2 hours before the upgrade appointment is due) if needed.
With this new release you may be wondering what new functions and features Microsoft Dynamics 2013 will include. Well, although precise details have not yet been released, this is what is rumoured to expect:
- Fewer Clicks and Pop-ups.
- New navigation support for ‘touch and gesture’
- Expanded mobile phone support. If you own a Windows 8 tablet, Windows Phone, iOS or Android device, you’ll be pleased to hear this release comes with new mobile apps for these devices.
- Chat via Skype and Lync available and upgraded.
- New social networking features with deeper Yammer integration to allow users to collaborate and share knowledge easily through Yammer directly from CRM.
- MarketingPilot software implemented with deeper integration, helping you to better understand your customers, leads and sales.
- Touch-optimized mobile functionalities.
Licensing will present changes too, with new licensing options to simplify pricing, bringing symmetry and flexibility between the online and on-premises versions.
With the new licensing scheme, 3 options will be available:
- Basic Level – aimed at sales and marketing users to help manage contacts, leads and accounts and for report analysts.
- Professional – Full capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 available.
- Essential – For infrequent light users of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 is focused on providing businesses with improved ways to engage their customers and deliver a more personal experience.
Microsoft states that the new release gives people the ability to access their information on a variety of devices; introduces a new user experience that is fast and fluid, enabling people to access information that is relevant to their jobs; and delivers richer contextual information that helps people have deeper insights into customers and their needs. Microsoft Dynamics CRM also offers enhanced social collaboration capabilities, so users can connect with the right people, and the right resources, at the right time.