Some of you who use Microsoft Lync regularly may have noticed a long delay when starting up your PC, especially if you’re using Windows 7. This is often accompanied by the Lync startup screen displaying for several minutes. Fortunately there is a way to fix this. Just follow the steps below:
1. Open Lync by double clicking on the icon in the system tray.
2. Once the Lync screen appears, click on the drop-down arrow next to the gear icon on the top right of the window.
3. From there, go to Tools, then select Options.
4. In the category list on the left, select General if it isn’t already selected.
5. Near the bottom of the window, look for the option that says “Logging in Lync” and turn it off.
6. Select OK.
This will help alleviate the problem of long start-up times; keep in mind, you will have to manually launch Lync and sign in after these steps.